Last week, I wanted to present you with a good idea of what I was working on. This week, I just wanted to focus on one thing that I was trying to work on.
I am a little bit of a hoarder when it comes to the stories that I keep. I keep almost everything in digital form, but there are some ideas and stories that have managed to elude my storage tricks. However, this doesn’t mean that I don’t have them. While doing some cleaning in my room, I came upon several stacks of papers and folders. I was going through them and found some ideas. I had half of them as outlines, but I was missing character files. There were several files missing from another story that I knew had actual writing involved.
So I did what any good writer does. I combined the two. I took the general basis of the outlines that I had and the ideas of the characters that I had from the other story. I had to do some remixing of the content. I decided that I needed to also get away from the original characters, so I used a couple of online generators to help me concoct a new set of characters.
The ‘problem’ of all of this is that it means that I’m adding a new story to the ranks of things that I want to get done. I’m really trying to finish stories, but I fight myself and can’t get around to it. So instead of trying to scare myself more, I decided that I needed something to guide me. I’ve used a sheet that I can fill in to set up an outline of the steps and start working on due dates. Things may change, but that’s what white out is for.
Right now, I’m right on track. I’ve finished my outline and I’m planning to work on a seventh of this book every week. I’m not sure how it will go, especially since some of the plotlines are quite large. But I’m going to attempt it. I’ll let you know next week just how my attempt at writing a book in seven weeks will work.